Here you will find some examples of completed projects using different interventions and in different situations in cities and towns across the 2 Seas region.
These include comments on financial implications, public acceptability, lessons learnt and links for further information.
Case study template
The case studies provide practice-based examples of heat stress interventions in public spaces.
Each case study presents a specific site where heat-stress mitigation interventions were applied. Theset describe the decision-making journey, the implementation process and data on the heat reduction impact of the different interventions. These serve as examples for other cities facing similar challenges and seeking solutions.
The collection of case studies covers a diverse range of sites and interventions – from Cool Towns pilots and other sites – to inspire cities that wish to cool their public spaces.
They all have an icon in the top right corner that indicates the type of intervention.
View / Download
- Breda (NL): Menno van Coehoornstraat
- Breda (NL): Nijverheidssingel
- Breda (NL): Water playground
- East Flanders (BE): Zelzate
- East Flanders (BE): Eeklo
- East Flanders (BE): Merelbeke Tuinwijk Jan Verhagen (residential area)
- East Flanders (BE): Merelbeke (city center)
- Kent (UK): Margate
- Middelburg (NL): Zusterplein
- Middelburg (NL): Station area
- Middelburg (NL): School green wall
- Ostend (BE): Lijnbaanstraat
- Southend (UK): London Road
- Southend (UK): York Road
- St. Omer (FR): Montaigne School