Université de Picardie Jules Verne (UPJV) is a multidisciplinary university. Its R&D activities are supported by a dedicated office which acts as an interface to facilitate partnerships and provides support in securing funding and in knowledge and technology transfer.
UPJV offers skills and competences from researchers and facilities in different fields of engineering and life science. UPJV has an international recognition as a high education and research university in fundamental and applied science as well as in humanities.
Through the Cool Towns project, UPJV will
• participate to an innovative network at European level, in the challenging field of climate change adaptation inducing ecological, social & economic impacts;
• increase its competences in Research & Development ; – have opportunities to develop new curricula, at graduate level;
• promote the use of the project outcomes and thus improve the environment and quality of life in its area of influence;
• consider technology transfer and help undertakings to develop economic activities.
In addition to participating in main actions and activities of the project, the major contribution of UPJV to Cool Towns will be to propose
• a systemic approach for spatio-temporal modeling of heat stress in urban areas;
• a software simulator to allow design and analysis;
• Predictive & Monitoring systems;
• a decision support tool for thermal control of heat islands.